Tuesday 28 October 2014

Tuesday Treats- Raw Chocolate Almond Tart





Hey Guys! 

I have decided to try and blog more regularly as I feel I have abandoned it a little recently due to so many other commitments, so here is my first Tuesday Treats post. It is my healthier alternatives of my favourite desserts and treats.

This week I tried the Jessica Sepel Raw Almond Chocolate Tart - you can find the original recipe here. I absolutely LOVE her recipes and she is such an inspirational person so definitely check her out!
I decided however to ever so slightly tweak the recipe so here is how I made it with the tiny changes: 

For the Base:
1/2 Cup Almonds
1/4 Cup Pecans
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1/8 Cup Raw Honey
6 Mejool Dates Pitted.

-First of all soak the almonds and pecans for around 4-6 hours before making the nut base.
-Then mix all of the ingredients in a blender until they make a dough like mixture.
-Line a circular baking dish with the nut mixture and leave to set in the fridge.

For the Chocolate Topping:
1/4 Cup Raw Honey
1/2 Cup Raw Cacao
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil

-Melt down the coconut oil then mix with the raw cacao and honey.
-You may want to play and adjust the amounts of ingredients to get it to a perfect thick chocolatey mixture.
-Take the nut base out of the fridge and pour the chocolate on top, put back in the fridge and let it set.



Serve and enjoy :)

I absolutely love this tart, it is so yummy and the perfect decadent treat but with so many benefits from the nuts, dates, raw cacao and coconut oil!

Let me know if you try it!



No comments:

Post a Comment