Wednesday 8 October 2014

My Healthy Morning Routine

 Hello friends, 
I wanted to share with you my morning routine, granted this doesn't always happen every morning because other things can get in the way, but I am a firm believer that having a routine in the morning can keep you energised and refreshed. So here is my routine I try to stick to as often as I can.

I wake up between 6-6:30am and start with a few deep breaths and a few positive mantras for the day.
I then head to the kitchen and make myself a hot water and lemon to drink to cleanse my digestive system before eating I am sure you have heard this over and over again but it is one of the best things to do in the morning as it also kick starts your metabolism for the day. 
This is followed by 30ml of noni juice diluted in water. Noni juice is a drink high in superfoods that can boost your immune system, but make sure you don't drink more than 30-40ml a day!
On the days I have to head off to work I then dry body brush starting at my feet and working my way up to my heart- this is so great for draining the lymphatic system and it also helps shift any cellulite, doing this 3 times a week is extremely beneficial for the body. Body brushes are inexpensive and should definitely be a beauty staple as they give you glowing skin as well as all the health benefits!
I then jump into the shower to wake myself up, followed by a lovely homemade breakfast- this is normally overnight oats or an oaty fruity, granola mix in a mason jar that I can eat on the train and will keep me going throughout the morning. 


For days that I am not in work I sit in bed and catch up on emails or read, while eating a nice nutritious breakfast. It is such a lovely time to get immersed in a new book, in winter and the colder months I LOVE porridge with nuts and fruit or homemade granola with warm almond milk. But anything with fresh and organic ingredients is fine by me :)
An hour after having breakfast (to make sure my food is digested), I like to go for a run down the canal. There is something so peaceful about running near the water with all the greenery around the city....it's like a little haven out of bustling city life.
When I get home I light some candles and practise yoga  for an hour to stretch out my muscles, challenge myself with some arm balances and inversions and centre my breath and my thoughts for the day.
Then of course it is dry body brushing before a bath or a shower to energise my body for the rest of my day.

I think it is so important to establish a routine in life to centre your mind and body.
Do any of you have a morning routine? Do you find you are more energised when you have one? 



No comments:

Post a Comment