Saturday 28 June 2014

Cauliflower Pizza

Cauliflower pizza served with homemade slaw

Hello :)
I hope you are all having a lovely weekend. I wanted to share with you all my cauliflower pizza recipe, there are a lot of different recipes for this out there but I have adapted it to the simplest and yummiest possible, so here you are....

Coconut flour, Chia Seed, Cauliflower and Eggs.

Preheat the oven at 180 degrees celsius.
Grate 2-3 cauliflower florettes.
Mix with 2tbsp of coconut flour and 2 tbsp of chia seed.
Add in 2 eggs and knead the mixture together until you get a dough like mixture,
(You may need to add some water if the mixture needs some more moisture)

The cauliflower base dough

Line a baking tray with baking paper and flatten the mixture onto it leaving it about 1/2 cm thick.
Place in the oven and bake until it is a golden brown- should take about 30 minutes.
Lift it out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes.
I also turn the base over so that it doesn't stick to the baking paper.

The cooked base ready for toppings.

Now top the base with anything you like, I always start with some tomato puree and passata.
Some of my favourite toppings are onions, mushrooms, goats cheese and duck or chicken, with lots of different vegetables as well but feel free to top with whatever you like :)
Place it back in the oven and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
Take out and enjoy!!

The final result!

I hope some of you try this recipe and I really hope you enjoy it, I love it and its been approved by my family as well who are slowly being converted to the clean way of life.
Have a great Sunday.


No comments:

Post a Comment